Goals and Expertise
Created in 2017, the European Reference Network on Rare Multisystemic Vascular Diseases (VASCERN) gathers highly specialized expert Healthcare Providers and their multidisciplinary teams, together with patients and the scientific community, to tackle the challenges faced by patients, their families, and clinicians in this area of expertise.
VASCERN’s general goals are to:
- Increase the knowledge of clinicians and patients thanks to training and education online activities
- Improve medical knowledge by sharing experience, conducting clinical trials and creating registries
- Reduce the delay in diagnosing the diseases
- Improve awareness for the diseases among stakeholders, general practitioners, school doctors, general public.
- Improve the quality of family counseling and reduce care gaps
To reach these goals, VASCERN has developed under the EU4Health work programme a work plan with the following 6 work packages:
- WP1 Coordination/project management
- WP2 Dissemination / communication
- WP3 Evaluation of the action implementation
- WP4 Sharing experiences : discussion of complex clinical cases
- WP5 Other digital activities: Registries and VASCERN mobile app
- WP6 Training and Education: Patient pathways, Pills of Knowledge, Moodle platform, Definition of clinical outcomes, Do’s and Don’ts factsheets
All information on our Action Plan, Work Packages’ definitions and our 1st year Deliverables are available on the EU Health Programme Project Database here