The VASCA registry collects data from patients with rare vascular diseases who are being treated at various expert centres across Europe. Its primary objective is to enhance our understanding of these rare diseases through various research endeavors, such as natural history studies, genotype-phenotype correlations, population comparisons, and cross-country care comparisons.
- VASCA registry is technically ready to accept patients. With the help of the VASCERN data steward, VASCA HCP Radboud University Medical Center had started registering patients with EUPID (pseudonymisation tool) but as EUPID is no longer used because of security issues these patients have been removed. There is a new pseudonymisation tool being considered as a replacement called SPIDER (Secure Privacy-preserving Identity management in Distributed Environments for Research). This tool is still under development and discussed within the ERN’s.
- It has been registered at ERDRI.dor and ERDRI.mdr.
- VASCA HCP Helsinki University Hospital almost ready to register patients: has signed permit for using the hospital data and soon to sign contract with Castor.
- Disease specific elements are defined and are at EJP-RD for selecting and modeling.
List of Studies:
To date, no studies have been conducted utilizing the registry data. However, ongoing efforts are being made to leverage the data for future research purposes.
If you have any questions or inquiries, please follow the instruction below
- For questions regarding your participation or data, please consult your treating physician.
- For inquiries regarding data security, kindly email email@example.com.
For Researchers or Policymakers:
- If you are a researcher or policymaker seeking information related to data utilization, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For General Inquiries:
A comprehensive list of all data elements collected within the VASCA registry can be found here.