VASCERN has partnered with The Marfan Foundation to co-lead the upcoming online E3 International Summit: Educating, Empowering, and Enriching Our Community, which will run from Tuesday, August 25th – Saturday, September 12th, 2020 and will feature medical experts from all over the world on a variety of topics related to the diagnosis and treatment of Marfan syndrome, Loeys-Dietz syndrome (LDS), vEDS (Vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome), and related conditions.
Members of the Heritable Thoracic Aortic Diseases (HTAD) and Medium-Sized Arteries (MSA) Working Groups, along with other world renowned experts, will offer live online presentations and question and answer sessions. A selection of quality of life presentations will also be on the schedule in order to complement the medical information. In order to make this program accessible to a larger international audience, medical presentations will be available in six languages: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Dutch.
- The ABCs of Marfan in six different languages
- Research talks that address recent breakthroughs and hope for the future
- Several specialized talks on each of the following: Marfan, VEDS, Loeys-Dietz, Stickler Syndrome, and Heritable Thoracic Aortic Conditions
- A focus on treating and coping with pain, with presentations on pain management, building resiliency, physical therapy, and medical marijuana
- Presentations on pregnancy, foot and ankle pain, eye issues, dental concerns, lung issues, and more
- Talks on topics that can enhance quality of life, such as the healing power of laughter, art therapy, and mental fortitude
- Presentations that address children’s medical issues related to Marfan, VEDS, and Loeys-Dietz, as well as how to deal with your child’s school, anti-bullying techniques, and preparing your child for surgery
- Opportunities to connect with other people in the worldwide community through the Summit app
See the full agenda here
For the latest information on this event, visit the event page on the Marfan Foundation website here