The International Congress Of Research On Rare And Orphan Diseases, co-organized with IRDiRC and EJP-RD, has been postponed due to the COVID-19. The event was due to take place from March 11th to 14th, 2020 and will now take place from January 13th to 16th, 2021.
A preliminary announcement for the European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD) Joint Transnational Call (JTC) 2021 has just been released!
The topic for this next call will be “Social sciences and Humanities Research to improve health care implementation and everyday life of people living with a rare disease”
Transnational research proposals must cover at least one of the following areas, which are equal in relevance for this call:
- Health & social care services research to improve patient and familial/household health outcomes
- Economic Impact of Rare diseases
- Psychological and Social Impact of Rare diseases
- Studies addressing the impact/burden of the delay in diagnosis and of the lack of therapeutic intervention.
- e-Health in rare diseases: Use of innovative technology systems for care practices in health and social services
- Development and enhancement of health outcomes research methods in rare diseases
- Effects of pandemic crisis and the global outbreak alert and response on the rare disease field, and the emergence of innovative care pathways in this regard.
Each consortium submitting a proposal must involve at least three principal investigator partners from at least three different countries that are joining this Call JTC 2021. The maximum duration of the project is 3 years.
The call is scheduled to open in December, with a pre-proposal submission deadline in February. More information to come soon...stay tuned!
Find the full preliminary announcement here
The 10th International Conference of the International Lymphoedema Framework will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark, from May 6-8, 2021 (new dates due to COVID-19).
Pernille Henriksen, ePAG Co-Chair for PPL WG, will be present at this event and will give a presentation entitled Infections; the experiences, the fear and the solutions from a patient point of view for the patient day on Saturday, May 8th, 2021.
See the preliminary programme here.
For more information, check out their website here.
Due to the COVID19, the EMBO Workshop on Vascular Malformations has been postponed. The event was due to take place from April 1st to 3rd, 2020 and will now take place from June 14th -16th, 2020 in Barcelona, Spain.
Professor Miikka VIKKULA, Chair of the VASCERN Vascular Anomalies Working Group (VASCA WG), will be one of the speakers!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE - 17 May 2021
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE - 17 May 2021
PAYMENT DEADLINE - 1 June 2021
For more information on this event (programme and registration), take a look here.