The first Central-Eastern European Marfan Symposium took place on Friday October 26th, 2018 in Budapest, Hungary.
This symposium, focused on Marfan syndrome, was organised by two members of VASCERN’s Heritable Thoracic Aortic Working Group (HTAD-WG), Prof. Zoltán Szabolcs and Dr Kálmán Benke (with fellow members of the Hungarian Marfan Foundation), from the Heart and Vascular Center, Semmelweis University, Budapest and was attended by several other members of the VASCERN HTAD-WG.
Noteworthy presentations by VASCERN HTAD-WG members included:
- A presentation on the European Reference Network for Vascular Diseases (VASCERN), by our Coordinator, Prof Guillaume Jondeau
- Basic characteristics of Marfan syndrome and introduction of the Hungarian Marfan Foundation, by Dr Kálmán Benke
- Cardiac and vascular surgical aspects of Marfan syndrome and related disorders, by Prof. Zoltán Szabolcs
- Marfan cardiomyopathy, by Prof Julie De Backer (HTAD-WG Chair)
- Pregnancy in Marfan syndrome, by Prof Jolien Roos-Hesselink
This first Central-Eastern European Marfan symposium was a great success, with positive feedback from all who attended. For more photos from this event, take a look at our Facebook post here