The second European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD) Research Training Workshop Call is now open (from August 31st – September 28th, 2020)!
The goal of the workshops is to train researchers and clinicians affiliated to ERN-Full Members or Affiliated Partners in relevant topics on rare diseases research. Training themes may include innovative research methodologies, diagnostic research methodologies, interdisciplinary treatment approaches, such as gene therapy and transplantation, etc. Providing a cross-ERN added value is highly desired.
The workshops will be delivered as two-day events. Topics can be proposed by clinicians/investigators affiliated to ERN-institutions or EJP RD beneficiaries. As of 2021, there will be two deadlines for workshop topic applications per year, in January and June.
Topics will be selected taking into consideration several elements such as:
- Addressing cross-cutting issues relevant for ERNs
- Multidisciplinary topics
- Fostering collaboration (within and between ERNs)
- No overlap with other EJP RD training activities
- Relevance of the topic for the ERN(s)
- Benefits for the RD community
- Appropriate training methodology
The workshops selected for funding will be attended only by individuals affiliated to ERN institutions. Participants will be selected by the coordinator of the ERN managing institution and the workshop organizer based on pre-defined criteria. The costs for the workshop organization will be covered up to a limit of € 25,000.
The applicant submitting workshop topics must fit one of the following:
- Affiliated to any EJP RD beneficiary institution. The list of EJP RD beneficiary organizations can be found here
- Affiliated to an ERN full member. The list of full ERN members per country and per network can be found here
- Affiliated to an ERN Affiliated Partner institution at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the period of the execution of the workshop.
Deadline to apply is September 28th, 2020
For the full call text please click here
More information on the call here