The 2019 European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress took place from August 31-September 4, 2019 in Paris France, and VASCERN member turnout was high, particularly from the Heritable Thoracic Aortic Diseases Working Group (HTAD WG)!
Notable presentations by VASCERN members included:
- Evidence-based treatment of dilated ascending aorta by Prof Julie De Backer (HTAD WG Chair)
- State of the Art – Inherited diseases of the aorta by Prof Guillaume Jondeau (VASCERN coordinator and HTAD WG Co-Chair)
- Thoracic aortic aneurysms: more than one disease by Prof Guillaume Jondeau (VASCERN coordinator and HTAD WG Co-Chair)
- Aortic root morphology in bicuspid aortic valve is related to the type of BAV by Dr. Olivier Milleron (HTAD WG Member)
- Losartan Vs Nebivolol Vs the association of both on the progression of aortic root dilation in genotyped Marfan Syndrome: 48 months open label randomized controlled phase III trial by Dr. Alessandro Di Toro (HTAD WG member)
- Peripheral aneurysms in Marfan patients are common and are related to age and advanced aortic disease. by Dr. Gisela Teixido (HTAD Affiliated Partner)
- Acute aortic syndromes – Dissecting the details by Dr. Gisela Teixido (HTAD Affiliated Partner)
- ROPAC Preg II – Cardiac disease and pregnancy by Dr. Jolien Roos-Hesselink (HTAD WG member)
- Plasma levels of microfibrillar associated protein type 4 (MFAP4) are predictive for aortic dissection in patients with Marfan Syndrome by Dr. Mitzi van Andel (HTAD WG member)
- Effects of losartan and beta-blockers on aortic root dilatation in patients with Marfan Syndrome – results of the extended COMPARE trial by Dr. Mitzi van Andel (HTAD WG member)
- Natural history of arterial morbidity in vascular ehlers-danlos syndrome by Dr. Michael Frank (MSA-WG Co-Chair)
All presentations can be viewed on the ESC website once you have created a free ESC account. To sign-up for an ESC account and access the presentations click here.
You can then search by topic or by speaker for all the presentations!